Friday 27 September 2013

Mirror,Mirror - my Companion (poem)

Mirror, mirror in my washroom
my first  companion
in the morning
to greet me,
to look into my eyes-
and tell me
all that I need to know
and  be reassured
about myself.






Mirror, mirror in my room
Whom I look at
Every  morning
While dressing
Preparing to face the world
To send them a message
Loud and clear
What I feel
About myself
And the world
.


Mirror,mirror my companion
With whom I grew
all these years
Do you love me
So much that
You didn't want me hurt?
Only the photos
Revealed the truth
Of my age
And the bulges.



Yet, mirror, mirror
My companion :
In place of
The original tale
Of mother vs daughter where
 The mother burned in anger
 I shall,on seeing
Photos of my clone
 Beside me
Glow with pride
N.B- In the famous fairy tale,Snow White and the seven dwarfs, the step-mother was so jealous of Snow White that she ordered her killed. Only the kindness of others, particularly that of 7 dwarfs (little men) helps her.


                                   photos : google 

4 comments :