Saturday 16 August 2014

My sweetheart in another's arms


                                                                        free digital photos.net

She gave me hope, confidence,
A will to live, not take offence
At senseless jibes.
The beauty of lives she revealed to me
And my own she held up for all to see.

She showed me trust
And owned me first
Till I shone
And stood on my own.

She showered on me
Love and charity
And made me hope
I'd have strength to cope
Till eternity.

She made up well
For the hell
I'd endured till then
And left open                                                                                                        free digital photos.net

The door to happiness.

Then fate got us separated
My joy evaporated
I busied myself
To bridge the gulf
Over empty space.

With only memories
To still my agonies


Finally one day
I found a way
To meet my beloved.


Her love was the same
So was the place's fame
But I tasted  tears
From my heart so pierced.

I tried to reason why:
I knew each step, each stone
But the post of my first appointment
Was now held by another
My table and chair occupied.
It felt as if
My sweetheart was in another's arms.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            free digital photos.net

No comments :

Post a Comment