Sunday 24 August 2014

I conceived a thought

I conceived a thought
It grew inside me
I took extra nourishment
From books and thoughts
Helped it develop
And waited.

Then came the moment
For birth.
I relished
Its beauty
Washed it,
Taught it skills                                                                                                                                                                                                                     free digital photos.net

And sent it into the world
Watching from behind
To see how it fared.
When it was fairly grown
I conceived another
And sent it out too.

I still shadow
My babes (books) to see
If they swim well
Through the tides and against
Hoping the weaker siblings
Find their legs
And a way to survive


Like all mothers
Yearning,
Ever learning.

1 comment :