Saturday 22 June 2013

What I learnt from the film, English Vinglish


Only when I was filling out this blog's  questionnaire -specially   the   question on the movies I liked best,I remembered    English Vinglish and I realized    that it's not only children who feel trapped . Very often women are made to feel like doormats by their families.It hurts when the children,particularly girls, insult  their mothers instead of being supportive of her.


I have seen husbands in real life who tell their wives that languages like English can be learnt only by those who have some special talent.What rubbish! A language can be learnt basically by exposure.
Here in this movie though often put down for not knowing English, the heroine Shashi makes use of an opportunity to enroll in a spoken English class.



From then on there's no turning back for her.Apart from the practical solution to the problem- being able to express herself in English, along comes the bonus which is visible first of all-


   
the self-confidence and the sense of achievement,the ability to project herself even as she  is in society.

I THINK WE CAN USE THIS PRINCIPLE IN SCORES OF WAYS.

Just before creating this blog,I had some ideas which I wanted to share  with others. (in the form of 

short stories) But I didn't know  how to get it done.Though I have a computer at home,I didn't know

 to use it(believe it?)The youngsters I know told me to try clicking  different keys, I'd get it.Nothing 

seemed to work.Finally I opted for a week's professional training and hey, even ordinary me could create  a blog.

You know how I feel? I too feel exactly like this_

Try it yourself and tell me if you don't . 

No comments :

Post a Comment