Wednesday 30 December 2015

Let Laughter in, Erase Lines of Worry

After a day's hard work,
The routine,
The usual stress
I take the bus
Find a corner seat
Put my face
Against the wind.
Feel its caress.

My  mind races
Through a situation
That has no answer
East or West
North or South
And I squirm
That there's no way out


I look out.
And see a boy
Of sixteen, seventeen
In a roadside workshop
Covered with grease
Talking with a friend.

He throws back his head
And laughs.
Freely, naturally.
About what
I can't guess.
My forehead feels
Its lines easing
Lines I had not known were there.

I realise that
I need
Calm wisdom and courage
And then
What would be would be
It wasn't worth the lines
On my forehead or
In my mind.
                                                         Photos : Free digital photos.net





No comments :

Post a Comment