Tuesday 9 December 2014

The Other Side

                                                                           free digital photos.net

I stride at a smart pace
Forward, about turn and back
regular, observant
On important duty:
supervising an exam.

'Click, click!' my ears detect a sound
of iron on stone
in the land adjacent.
My eyes steal a glance:
 workers bending
cloths tied on their heads
to cover their hair.

I quicken my stride
I'm paid for this
A post of envy:
I never thought I'd get.
I check the covers
if all's right
The faces, that nothing's amiss

The smell of fresh wet mud
fills my nostrils
Enters my lungs
A quick side glance reveals
Mynahs walking, heads bobbing
Searching for  insects, worms.
My spirit leaps
through the bars, over the wires
And joins them in the fields;


My eyes cover the grim classroom
In formals I go back home
Over concrete and cement
I climb the stairs
And stare at concrete
till my eyes drop.

No comments :

Post a Comment